The Guyana Football Federation (GFF) seeks a suitably qualified person to fill the position of Technical Director (TD). Please see below Terms of Reference of the said position.
The position of Technical Director of the Guyana Football Federation (GFF) is a full-time position which will define and lead the National Technical Programme under the authority of the Guyana Football Federation (GFF) and in compliance with the aims, objectives and values of the Federation.
- Develop, and implement a clear and thorough Technical Development plan with a Technical Chart aimed at continually promoting and improving the game of football in Guyana at all levels from Grassroots to Elite football including youth football, women’s football, futsal, beach Soccer, and Coaching Education.
- Advise the GFF on all matters related to the effective development of football in Guyana and be accountable for the development of a strategy and policy for the performance of football programmes
- Work, advise and support the various Youth National teams and coaches through development programmes in order to enable Guyana to attain its goals within CONCACAF and FIFA, including putting in place clear systems and processes for identifying and developing talented players
- Ensure that excellent relationships are developed and maintained with all football related stakeholders in order to ensure a cohesive and synergistic approach to the development of football is achieved and maintained
- Ensure that the Technical Department is appropriately staffed with suitably qualified individuals who are capable of implementing the agreed programmes thereby ensuring the growth and success of football at all levels
- Maintain a close and harmonious working relationship with CONCACAF and FIFA and other major stakeholders including the government of Guyana.
- Perform any additional duties and responsibilities as reasonably instructed by the GFF from time to time
- Training and development of coaches including design and updating of coaches manuals, facilitating licensing courses, developing a coaches Code of Conduct, arranging for expert and specialist coaches to deliver training clinics, education on rules of the game and creating and maintaining a library of resources including books, videos and articles for coaches to access
- Establish and deliver a comprehensive and nationwide Grassroots programme at both the community level, in schools, and in the schools through clubs through strategic partnerships within the communities and with various Government Ministries and Agencies. Expand the demographics of players with specific emphasis on outreach to underserved communities in the “interior regions”. This must include creation of a “D” license and certification for Grassroots Educators.
- Establish and deliver a National Women’s Development plan including training and recommending staff members for National Women’s team coaches at the U-17, U-20 and Senior levels
- Define and disseminate a national football philosophy
- Establish clear pathways for player development including establishment of a National Talent Identification system identify, train and protect talented young players to ensure their progression from Grassroots to Elite
- Research and monitoring of developments in the football world including studying of major competitions, training methods, fitness, philosophies, opportunities for further development of the game and organizing of national seminars to promote technical activities
Experience & Knowledge Requirements:
- Qualified with the highest degree of coaching diploma available in the country or equivalent or higher International diploma / license.
- Must be from a football back ground. Ideally a former player, though not at international level
- Must be recognized by CONCACAF and/or FIFA
- Proven skills and experience in the implementation and delivery of football development programmes
- Credibility and recognition in the football world to command respect among players and coaches
- Experience managing high performance programmes with a proven track record in supporting team and squad management at various levels, including the international level
- Experience in the leadership of coaches and Coach Education programmes.
- Experience in the management of staff to ensure their effective operation, work allocation and discipline
- Experience in people management skills with the ability to implement innovative ideas and influence support programmes
- Willingness to work irregular hours and travel extensively
- Previous experience of working in a multi—stakeholder sports environment and comfortable managing the differing tensions that may prevail
- Demonstrated organization and leadership skills with a strong ability to motivate
- Proven people management and team building skills in order to build a strong, robust and impactful team
- Ability to work under pressure, balancing conflicting demands and tight deadlines
- Excellent mediation skills and communication skills to manage inevitable tensions of a high pressure environment
- Ability to relate to and influence a wide variety of stakeholders
- An international outlook – with multicultural familiarization and sensitivity including the ability to develop contacts and bring international best practices to Guyana from the wider football world
- A consultative style of decision making which results in clear, thoughtful and timely decisions
- Commitment to continuous personal and organizational improvement
- Demonstrated qualities, traits and demeanor that are consistent with the GFF’s values and vision
Remuneration package will be commensurate with qualifications and experience
Interested parties should apply with full CV marked PRIVATE & CONFIDENTIAL and position applied for on the envelope to:
The General Secretary
Guyana Football Federation
17 Dadanawa Street
Or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 1st May, 2016