Images of the signing of the contract for the preparatory work on the site of the FIFA Forward Programme, formerly known as the FIFA Project, held on Tuesday, 20th September 2016, at the Boardroom of the Guyana Football Federation (GFF) beginning at 10:00hrs.
1. The facility, when completed, will be officially known as the Providence Technical Centre and Mini Stadium.
2. The work will be done in two phases – site preparation and laying of the astro turf.
3. Dwayne Ferdinand and Home Designs and Engineering Associates will execute the preparatory works and Green Fields will execute laying of the astro turf
4. The contract for the preparatory works involves “removing of the top soil, putting on the construction fill (laying of the white sand), laying of drainage pipes, compacting to necessary specifications and putting on a fence.”
5. Bids were submitted in June, 2016 and the winning bid was valued at G$128,982,471.
6. The project is expected to be completed four months from the agreed date of signature. The start date is to be decided.
7. The consultant to the project is Marcel Gaskin and Associates; they will provide supervision of the works.
8. All funds have been approved for the project.
While there were four shortlisted bidders, only two submitted bids. The contract was awarded to Dwayne Ferdinand and Home Designs and Engineering Associates following an evaluation of bids by a panel.
The Goal Project will be situated in Providence, East Bank Demerara, following the acquisition of a 30-year lease of 8.5 acres of land from the Eccles/Ramsburg Neighbourhood Democratic Council (NDC). This will provide a FIFA-approved home for the Federation, which will, among others, facilitate the national team’s training session and host international matches.
Present at this press conference were two of FIFA’s Development Officers, Howard Mc Intosh and Anton Corneal respectively who are on a scheduled visit to Guyana as well as Wayne Forde, President of GFF. Also present were Rawlston Adams and Bruce Lovell (Brigadier Rtd.), Second and First Vice Presidents of GFF respectively. Ms. Debra Francis, GFF’s Communication and Public Relations Officer chaired the event.
PRESS COVERAGE (PRINT):
OTHER ONLINE PORTALS: