– St. Luica on March 22; Grenada on March 29
Football fans are in for a great treat with back to back friendly internationals set for later this month.
After not having any action for well over two years, it can’t get any better with the Guyana Football Federation Normalization Committee pulling out all the stops to ensure the Golden Jaguars are a well oiled unit heading into the initial phases of the CONCACAF Preliminary Competition for the FIFA World Cup Russia 2018.
Guyana, ranked 166 in the latest FIFA Coca Cola World Rankings will welcome the St. Lucians, ranked 140 on March 22nd at the Guyana National Stadium, Providence and Grenada, the Spice Boys one week later, March 29th at the same venue. Grenada stand at 155 in the world.
Like the Guyanese, St. Lucia and Grenada will commence their quest for World Cup 2018 Qualification in CONCACAF Round Two qualifying on June 8th this year. St. Lucia will face Antigua and Barbuda; Grenada oppose Puerto Rico while Guyana set to oppose vincy heat, St. Vincent & the Grenadines in matches 9, 10 and 8, respectively.
Round One play will kick off on March 23, the schedule is as follows:
- – Match 1: Bahamas v Bermuda
– Match 2: British Virgin Islands v Dominica
– Match 3: Barbados v U.S. Virgin Islands
– Match 4: Turks and Caicos Islands v St. Kitts and Nevis
– Match 5: Nicaragua v Anguilla
– Match 6: Belize v Cayman Islands
– Match 7: Curacao v Montserrat
The respective winners from the home and away ties will advance to Round Two.