1st February, 2017; Georgetown: At the end of the official mid-season transfer period, eighty-two (82) transfers have been facilitated by the Guyana Football Federation Inc. (GFF).
This period ended at midnight on January 31, 2017 and included four international transfers, three of which are from the Trinidad and Tobago Football Association (TTFA).
Among the international transfers are Pernell Shultz and Kareerm Knights being loaned to the Fruta Conquerors Football Club from Caledonia AIA (Trinidad), Domini Garnett also being loaned from Caledonia AIA (Trinidad) to Grove Hi-Tech Football Club and Vurlon Mills being loaned from Slingerz Football Club to San Juan Jabloteh (Trinidad).
Fruta Conquerors FC has acquired the most transfers with a total of fourteen (14) players. The others are as follows:
- Western Tigers FC – nine (9) players
- Victoria Kings FC – eight (8) players
- Top XX – seven (7) players
- Guyana Defence Force FC (GDF) and Eagles United FC – six (6) players each
- Northern Rangers FC and Den Amstel FC – five (5) players each
- Ann’s Grove United FC – four (4) players
- Buxton United FC, Uitvlugt Warriors FC and Grove Hi-Tech FC – three (3) players each
- Riddim Squad FC and Botofago FC with two (2) players each
- Netrockers FC, Guyana Police Force FC (GPF), Order and Discipline FC, Milerock FC, and San Juan Jabloteh (Trinidad) – one player each.
The GFF’s Competition Director, Ian Alves, said the transfer period started off slowly but was hectic during the last week of the transfer window. The GFF’s pre-season transfer period began on January 1, 2017.
The next transfer period is scheduled to commence in June 1, 2017.
Please attached total list of transfers facilitated 2017 Mid-Season Transfers_FINAL
For more information, please contact:
Debra Francis (Ms.)
Communications and Public Relations Officer
Tel: 592 227 8758 ext. 105 (o)