Comments are off for this post

Defending champs Lodge Secondary sneak into semi-finals

Milo Under-20 School Football…By Treiston Joseph


Some of the action during the Chase Academy v Queenstown game

Defending champions Lodge Secondary School sneaked into the semi-finals of the Milo Under-20 School Football Tournament on Saturday at the Ministry of Education Ground in hopes of successfully defending their title.

Lodge topped St Mary’s 1-0 in a drama-less match-up, as St Mary’s defensive style of play often gave Lodge trouble to break the defensive line.

It would take a late strike by Ryan Hackett in added time (91st minute) to win the game for the defending champs, sending them into the semi-finals.
Meanwhile, in the first game of the day, Morgan Learning Centre (MLC) routed St Joseph High School 5-1 to move on to the semis. Led by a double from Wayne Murray in the 68th and 78th minutes, MLC seemed unstoppable as was the case since the start of the tournament.

Ronaldo Dover scored the game’s first goal for MLC in the 16th minute, while Travis Biardis and Toquan Clarke were the other scorers in the 12th and 35th minutes respectively. St Joseph’s solitary goal came from Dwight Ferguson in the 24th minute.
Dolphin Secondary made their way to the semi-finals as well with a 2-0 victory over North Ruimveldt Secondary School.
Dolphin practically dominated the game and Leon Richardson’s goal in the 24th minute always seemed inevitable from the constant attacks by Dolphin. However Joshua Browne ensured the win with a goal in the 70th minute.
The final game of the day saw Chase Academy steamrolling Queenstown Secondary for a 4-2 win and a semi-final berth.

Chase shared the ball well, which resulted in four different scorers contributing to the outcome of the game.
Two early strikes in the seventh and 12th minutes from Marlon Nedd and Jeremy Garreth respectively put Queenstown on the back foot early.

Kelsey Benjamin replied for Queenstown in the 24th minute, while Shamar Barrow raised Chase’s advantage to 3-1 at the end of the first half.
Simeon Moore would put the game out of reach for Queenstown with a goal in the 66th minute, while Benjamin would score for a double in the 67th minute for Queenstown.


Comments are closed.